Phillip Island Penguins and Maru Koala & Animal Park
$125 Adult $63 ChildRequest Booking
Phillip Island is home to an astounding array of wildlife, including Australia’s largest fur seal colony, the Little Penguins and cuddly koalas. Only 90 minutes from Melbourne, the island features spectacular coastal scenery, charming heritage and an abundance of wildlife. Enjoy getting close to koalas and kangaroos before joining the Little Penguins at dusk as they emerge from the surf and waddle to their burrows. Each night at sunset the world’s smallest penguins come ashore after a day’s fishing at sea and it is truly a memorable natural wildlife experience. The elevated boardwalks and viewing stands allow you to enjoy all the action without disturbing them or their burrow homes. The Phillip Island Nature Park also offers four up-close ways to witness the Penguin spectacle.
Includes Entry to Maru Koala & Animal Park and the Penguin Parade
Departs: 1.15pm from Federation Square, cnr Flinders & Russell Streets, Melbourne
Returns: 9:30 - 10:30pm (Apr-Sep) and 10.30 - 11:30pm (Oct-Mar) approx
Tour Code: M10
*Pricing valid from 1 April, 2018
- En route visit Maru Koala & Animal Park where you will be able to get in touch with wildlife
- Pat a koala, hand feed an albino kangaroo, walk with the dingoes, talk to the parrots and even meet a gold possum – it’s all possible!
- Journey along the coastal highway with French Island and Churchill Island in the distance
- Cross the bridge at San Remo to reach Phillip Island
- Phillip Island is a natural habitat for koalas, fur seals, Short-tailed Shearwater, Little Penguins and more
- View the powerful southern coastline with its clean, sandy beaches and rocky shores
- Browse through the educational Phillip Island’s Penguin Parade Centre
- Learn about the Little Penguins and life on this stunning island
- Take your place in special viewing stands to watch the daily evening ritual
- Watch the Little Penguins as they battle the surf and make their way to their dune burrows
- Learn of the environmental and conservation methods that are initiated to ensure the remarkable wildlife and vulnerable geology of Phillip Island remain protected
- See the Little Penguins up-close as they return to their nests to greet their young families
OPTIONAL ADD ON
Tour + Viewing Platform Plus
$156 Adult / $78 Child Code: M10P
Includes Entry to Maru Koala & Animal Park,and Penguins Plus experience
Viewing Platform Penguins Plus – More personalised wildlife viewing, limited to 300 people with ranger interpretation providing closer viewing of the penguin arrival than the main viewing stands.
Tour + Underground Viewing Area
$175 Adult / $88 Child Code: M10U
Includes Entry to Maru Koala & Animal Park and Underground Viewing Area
Underground Viewing Area – Get a bird’s-eye view as you watch the Penguin Parade at eye level. Enjoy the closest possible viewing of them in their natural habitat, while being under cover and out of the elements. Limited to 70 people.
Tour + Skybox
$192 Adult Code: M10X
Includes Entry to Maru Koala & Animal Park and Penguin Skybox experience
Penguin Skybox – Join a group of only 10 in the comfort of an exclusive, elevated viewing tower. Gain an excellent overview of Summerland Beach, interacting with the ranger.
Tour + Private Penguin Parade
$191 Adult / $129 Child Code: M10B
Includes Entry to Maru Koala & Animal Park and Private Penguin experience
Private Penguin Parade – Join a group of up to 10, this ranger guided eco tour goes to an exclusive area on the beach to view Little Penguins. Participants will hear live commentary via personal headphones while sitting on mats.